Friday 30 January 2015

Scary journey!

We had more snow overnight and the roads were a bit dicey this morning! It was best to take it easy, brake in plenty of time and not get too close to the car in front, advice from the motoring organisations that not everyone took heed of!

We dropped Mikey off and then made our way to work. All too late I realised I'd taken a scary route out of the village, up a steep hill that I regularly have to stop on! I made it half way up but then I had to stop and I could feel the icy crunchiness under the tyres... Luckily as I put my foot gently on the accelerator, the car moved forward but not after I'd broken into a sweat as there was a car right behind me and I had visions of slipping back down the hill!

This was the first time I'd driven my car in snowy conditions but it was fine, even after I'd spoken to a neighbour, Graham, this morning who said that German cars were useless in the snow, unless they were fitted with winter tyres! He has a Mercedes so obviously Audi are more superior!!

Once at work I put some food down for our hungry birds who swooped down on the nuts and seeds immediately.

One of our crows enjoying breakfast

I was expecting a quiet day but we had a steady stream of customers in and Sophie had to cover Reception while Polly helped out in the kitchen. Keith came in and helped me get one of our heaters going and then went home in a grumpy mood as he'd come in to go to Booker with me but we didn't need to go!

Sophie and I left work a bit earlier and went to the gym where we sat in the sauna and then wallowed in the warmish waters of the jacuzzi. Afterwards I treated my daughter to a Costa Coffee before going home and taking Keith to the pub. He had made a corned beef hash for dinner so there was very little for me to do except keep an eye on it and then venture out into the freezing night to pick him up!

No comments: