Thursday 15 January 2015

Birthday girl!

Well, I've had a lovely day today with lots of cards, flowers, chocolates and a cake! Even though I was at work until 4pm it was still enjoyable and lovely to get so many messages on Facebook. I didn't open my presents until I got home in the afternoon and was thrilled to get a beautiful framed photo of Keith and the children that I took on the pier on Anna Maria Island. Sophie arranged to have it printed and framed and I was delighted with it! I also received chocolates, wine and whisky! Didn't I do well!

In the evening the four of us, plus my Mum and Dad, drove over to Wing in Rutland to eat at The King's Arms, where we had a meal on New Year's Day. I was a bit worried about how far it was as the weather was shaping up to be horrible, but Dad followed me all the way and he agreed that the pub was well worth the forty-five minute drive.

We had a fantastic meal and my parents were impressed by the food, the presentation and the service. Although there were some different choices on the menu - woodcock, partidge, confit of squirrel leg - we all opted for safe dishes, although Mikey did go for the lamb with sweetbreads!

Sophie, Keith and I had the sublime fish that we tried before, Dad went for venison while Mum tried the pulled pork burger. Everyone said the food was delicious. Four of us had desserts - chocolate mousse, chocolate brownie, sticky toffee pudding and fruit crumble - and we had a lovely time with some good chat around the table. The pub was cosy and welcoming and we'll definitely be heading back soon!


No comments: