Saturday 31 January 2015

Goodbye January...

It's hard to believe that the first month of 2015 is very nearly over. I woke early this morning and went downstairs to feed the cats and watch a film before breakfast (Maleficent...very good!). Outside the snow was falling again in small, light flakes and I hoped that it wouldn't carry on and get any heavier...we didn't need a significant snowfall on the busiest day of the week at work!

Mike went off to Brixworth at 10am and half an hour later Keith and I took Sophie into work. She is working all weekend, bless her, and I'm missing going to Market Harborough at the moment. It seems ages since we last went.

We called into Booker to get some chicken for dinner tonight. I keep getting posts on Facebook from various Florida organisations (especially those based in the Keys) so we decided to have a bit of tropical sunshine for dinner - Jerk Chicken pasta followed by Key Lime pie! It might bring a tiny bit of warmth into our frigid day!

The snow was heavy on the way to take Sophie but by the time we reached home it had turned to rain and was trying to brighten up a bit. I made my Key Lime pie, marinated the chicken and made some lunch. Mikey called me at 3pm to go and collect him as I suspect he was cold and bored of hanging around Brixworth in the freezing wind!

Back home he pleaded with me to cut his hair but I was too scared...if I made a mess of it I'd never have forgiven myself!

No comments: