Friday 27 December 2013

Winding down...

So, Christmas is over for another year, but it was very enjoyable!

Today Sophie and I drove over to Meerkat Harborough as she is going to a school Winter Ball next week and she needed to get a dress to wear. We had lunch in Costa Coffee first and then had a good search through the sales in New Look. I bought a case for my new Kindle and when I re-joined my daughter she had an armful of clothes! It doesn't take her long!

We didn't stay in the town long as it was starting to get busy and when we got home I popped around to see Sue and to take her plates back (she'd given us some cheese from her drinks party last Saturday). Her dog Bailey was a bit unsure of me at first but I was soon stroking his tummy and he showed me all the toys he'd received at Christmas...he had more than Sue and Paul! We do have some pampered pooches around here!

We had a cup of tea and a good chat and then I returned home, collected Sophie and we went off to the gym for a much-needed swim. It felt like ages since we'd been and it was much quieter than normal. Luckily we had the Slow Lane to ourselves so we swam for half an hour and then relaxed in the spa! Bliss!

No comments: