Tuesday 10 December 2013

More busy-ness!

If I thought yesterday was hectic, today has been even more so! Two weeks and it will be Christmas Eve! Help!

I managed to get lots done at work today and at midday Keith drove in to drop off his car so I could take him to The Britannia pub in Northampton as he was meeting his ex-workmates for his annual knees-up. I left him, there and drove back to work to do yet more jobs before it was time to pick up the kids from school. I just had a feeling that Mikey would forget...and he did. Sophie had to go all the way back to school to find him and when they arrived back at the car both of them were in a foul mood, with Mikey particularly upset.

Back at work I fed them both and at 5.30pm we battled our way through the traffic (again!) to go back and pick Keith up. It would have been great to have stayed for a drink, especially as one of the wives had brought her gorgeous dog in with her! He was only 10 months old but was really lively and friendly and I could easily have taken him home with me! He reminded me of a young Max.

I managed to prise Keith away from the pub and we set off again, with the traffic even worse than ever. By the time we got home, Mikey had just half an hour to get changed into his Army uniform and then we were back out to Brixworth! My poor car is certainly clocking up the miles this week!

Luckily I had a window of calm before it was time to pick him up again and with Keith watching the football upstairs, Sophie and I were able to indulge in a few of our favourite recorded programmes and relax for a while!

No comments: