Sunday 15 December 2013

No rest for the wicked!

If I thought I was going to have a relaxing day after my hectic trip, I was wrong! I had loads of things planned and I did manage to achieve most of them!

Keith and I took Sophie to work this morning and luckily the Tesco delivery man was waiting up the road for 11am so he could come along and give me all the goodies I'd ordered for Mum and Dad's hamper. That meant I didn't have to hang around at work for an hour, which was a bonus!

On the way home I put some more diesel in the car, gave it a good wash and treated myself to a Costa Coffee Latte. I had a feeling I needed the caffeine! Back at home I helped Keith prepare the veggies for dinner and then I had to put on hold the plans I had to hoover the car out as it started to rain heavily. So much for my car wash! Instead I started on my Blinis by mixing my two flours (Buckwheat and strong white plain flour) adding yeast and two egg yolks. I left them to rise for an hour and then added two whisked egg whites to the bubbly mixture and waited another hour for it to rise some more.

Keith was hanging about wanting me to cook the Blinis for lunch so I duly obliged, adding the batter to hot melted butter and cooking them like pancakes. We both agreed they tasted good, but it's the topping that really counts so I've decided on soft cheese with smoked salmon on the top.

After I made the Blinis I made another loaf of bread - white this week - as I had loads of flour left from the Blinis. I was really pleased with the results and I'll take the loaf into work tomorrow to make sandwiches for us all.

Before I left to pick Sophie up from work I put a colour on my hair (badger, be gone!) and then spent the rest of the evening eating Keith's lovely roast and watching a bit more of Dr Zhivago...I think I'm just about ready for my Come Dine With Me evening!

No comments: