Saturday 21 December 2013

Another late night!

I felt a little fragile and tired this morning so I was really glad I hadn't planned much for today! Keith drove Sophie to work as I was worried I'd still be over the limit and we went and put more diesel in the car on the way home. I'm hoping that's it now until after Christmas!

Despite not having much planned I still managed to fill my day by wrapping the presents I bought on Thursday and finishing off my cake. I glazed the top with warmed apricot jam and then covered it with almonds before wrapping a red ribbon around the sides. It felt very moist - so it should be with the amount of port and brandy I'd poured over it! - and I'm looking forward to trying some!

Before going to pick Sophie up from work I had a lovely hot bath as tonight we are out at Sue and Paul's house for Christmas drinks and nibbles. I'm just glad it wasn't me having to prepare lots more food!

Sophie very kindly did my hair and make-up and at just after 7pm Keith and I braved the high winds and rain to walk the very short distance to Sue and Paul's house. Their living room looked beautiful and it was great to sink into their sofa and relax! Within a couple of minutes Liam and Sarah arrived, swiftly followed by Graham and Nancy who live a few doors down and have a gorgeous dog called Dennis. I'd never really spoken to Nancy before but we got on really well and it was great to chat to her.

Gill and Tim arrived last and the noise of chatter increased as we all sipped our drinks and nibbled on snacks. Sue and Paul always put a huge spread on and tonight was no exception! There was enough food to feed an army!

We had a great night and were the last to leave (first to arrive as well!) so it was almost 1am when we got home to find both children still up. I think that we'll be taking things quietly now for the next few days!


No comments: