Tuesday 24 December 2013

Perfect Christmas Eve

Today has been lovely and the weather has improved no end, with lots of sunshine which has been a bonus!

Keith was very brave and ventured over to Tesco first thing as we realised that this year we can't rely on leftovers for our Boxing Day meal! I thought he was mad, but he called me from the store to say that the place was empty...amazing!

We had booked a table at the Royal Oak for lunch so we had a drink in the bar before going to our table and I soaked up the lovely atmosphere that's always part of the pub's appeal. We had a great meal  - starters of very garlicky bread, followed by a whale of a fish for Keith and I, a burger for Sophie and a Club Sandwich for Mikey - and Sophie even managed a delicious panna cotta for dessert.

As soon as we got home Sophie and I went out again to Beckworth as I was still on the hunt for a flower arrangement for Mum. I bought a beautiful turkey and stuffing (pork) pie and as they were desperate to get rid of them, we had another added for free, along with two mini pork pies! I'll take the bigger one over to Mum and Dad's tomorrow as there's no way we can get through two!

I also bought some satsumas and a little tray of dates but couldn't find any flowers or plants for mum so I bought her a box of chocolates instead. With some little dunking chocolate sticks for the children (to make hot chocolate) our purchases were complete and we headed home.

The rest of the day was spent doing very little, just how Christmas Eve should be!

No comments: