Thursday 19 December 2013

The last of the Christmas shopping...I hope!

After work this evening Sophie and I drove off to Milton Keynes to do the last of our Christmas shopping. It was busier than the last time we went but I still managed to park quite easily and we were soon in the vast shopping centre.

Sustenance was needed first so we made for Marks and Spencer and we each had a coffee and a bite to eat (a warmed mince pie for me!). I then went and bought Keith some clothes, a bottle of English whisky for my Dad and a Port and cheese set for Lynda.

Sophie wanted to go to River Island to get some gifts for her friends so I headed for Boots and bought the children a few stocking fillers. We met up outside the store and then walked over to Waterstones on the way back to the car. I bought Mum a Sharon Osbourne autobiography and two football books for Keith, who is notoriously difficult to buy for!

We were both a wee bit weary by now and we were laden down with heavy bags so we decided to call it a day and headed back to the car. It seemed that everyone else had had the same idea as getting out of the multi storey car park was very difficult. It took us almost half an hour from getting back to the car to making it onto the surrounding roads so that was something I hadn't bargained for!

We had a good journey home and then it was baked potatoes for dinner. Perfect for a cold and rainy winter's evening!

No comments: