Sunday 22 December 2013

Dog sitting!

I awoke this morning feeling a little fragile (again!) and feeling glad that the only thing I had planned was looking after Max the dog for Sarah and Liam. Sarah brought him around at 11am and I spent a lovely afternoon rubbing his tummy and having lots of cuddles. I wasn't the only one...


The cats weren't happy at being chucked out of the house, though! Half way through the afternoon I took him for a short walk down to the village and decided to turn back as he's getting on a bit now...I doubt very much he would be able to do the 16 mile Holcot Hobble that we both did together many years ago!

I'm glad I turned back as the beautiful blue sky was gradually turning a very nasty shade of dark grey and within five minutes of being back at home we had a very violent hailstorm that turned the roads and gardens white - it looked like it had snowed!

Sophie called me to ask me to pick her up at 4pm which I was only too glad to do. On the way to pick her up the sky had reverted back to pinky-blue but the hailstones still lay on the grass verges!

By the way, here is a photo of my Christmas cake and I suppose I can cross another item off my Bucket List for 2013!


  1. Visit Saltaire near Bradford - a Victorian model village built by Sir Titus Salt for his mill workers. 
  2. Drive to Berlin (maybe a bit dodgy this one but I'm going to persevere).
  3. Visit a UK Christmas Market.
  4. Walk through Dovedale in the Peak District.
  5. Make a Christmas cake.
  6. Write a short story - it's about time I got back into my writing.
  7. Visit Coton Manor Gardens.
  8. Climb at least one of the highest mountains in the UK - either Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis or Snowdon (hmmm...got to get that treadmill at the gym on a higher incline...)
  9. Visit Portmeirion in Wales.
  10. Ride one of the scarier roller coasters when we visit Florida, but NOT the Hulk!
  11. Visit the National Gallery.
  12. Read Wuthering Heights.
  13. Grow a sunflower from seed.
I suppose I haven't done too badly, although I'm still annoyed with myself for chickening out on the Revenge of the Mummy ride! Maybe next year we'll visit Busch Gardens in Tampa and I'll make myself go on a scary rollercoaster!

No comments: