Sunday 8 December 2013

Sunny Sunday

This morning, after calling in to see Mum and Dad on the way back from getting the Sunday papers, we put up the icicle lights along the front of the house. I think our decorations are done now as anything else would be overkill!

I had a quick shower and then Sophie and I went off to Beckworth Emporium to have a look for...wait for it...buckwheat flour! But they didn't have any! The place was very busy indeed as the ice skating is in full swing and I had to park in a part of the car park I'd never been in before!

The food part was heaving with people and the restaurant was exceptionally busy but we decided to have a bite to eat and we were seated straight away. I enjoyed some absolutely delicious stuffed mushrooms served with salad while Sophie just had a cake as she was going home to leftover Chinese takeway. The waitresses kept bringing out plates laden with roast beef and enormous Yorkshire puddings so a lot of people were indulging in Sunday lunch. I don't blame them!

We had to get back home for 2pm as we had arranged to go and help Mum and Dad put the caravan to bed for the winter where it's parked just outside the village of Sibbertoft. Mikey came with us as he's now taller than all of us and I thought he would come in useful with hoisting the heavy cover over the top of the caravan. It was a beautiful winter afternoon with bluey/grey skies and a weak winter sun bathing everything in its cold light.

After a couple of failed attempts we had the cover on and secured and we took a different route home from Sibbertoft, driving through Kelmarsh to make quite sure there wasn't a pub there and then finding ourselves in Harrington.

Back home I decided to make some bread using the flour and yeast I'd bought at Beckworth ages ago. When I finished (ten minutes of kneading is a long time!) I sat in the conservatory and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. With the twinkling tree lights reflected in the glass it was truly gorgeous!



No comments: