Sunday 19 December 2010

Chilled out!

Today has been very relaxed. I had a lovely lie-in but if I hoped for snow when I woke up I was disappointed, although it was bitterly cold. We called in to see mum and dad after getting the Sunday papers and they were still recovering from their eight hour journey home from Milton Keynes yesterday. They eventually arrived home at 11pm after leaving the town at 3pm - normally a 45 minute journey. I really think this country needs to wake up to the fact that maybe winters like this will be a way of life and we need to keep the transport system clear no matter what. We must be the laughing stock of other countries who have weather far worse than we do.

After leaving mum and dad we popped to the pub for an hour to have a drink and book a table for tonight. It was lovely and quiet and with the fires lit and the decorations up it was very homely and cosy. Perfect on a cold winter's day!

Back home, even between doing some household chores, I did a bit more research on the family tree and filled in a couple of gaps. It just reminded me of how much I love looking up my relatives and how much I've missed it because of being so busy just lately. I really must make more time for some long country walks and doing the tree, things that really relax me.

Our meal at the pub was great and it was even more cosy than lunchtime as Ian the Landlord had drawn all the curtains and the fires were roaring away. We had a good meal and then it  was bliss to get home and loll about on the sofa!

No comments: