Friday 17 December 2010

Entertaining

Tonight I have three friends coming around for dinner so the house is looking lovely with candles everywhere and my best china and glass out. Keith has really helped by preparing the main course (beef casserole) and doing the vegetables for me. We moved our dining table back into the conservatory and it'll stay like that until after Christmas now as I'm not moving it all back again for just a week!

Work has been better today. We solved a major problem in our Nursery by finding a temporary Nursery Nurse until the end of January. Our Nursery Manager left today for pastures new so it's put us in a bit of a quandary as we haven't yet managed to find a replacement for her and we needed another qualified member of staff to run one of the rooms. I must admit that I feel very relieved...that is until we receive the invoice for her!

It's been another cold day but no snow as yet. It's supposed to come here tomorrow so dad and I put down some salt on the car park so we wouldn't have a thick layer. But with Sod's Law, we'll probably have none at all now!

No comments: