Thursday 9 December 2010

Stressed? Me?

I think I'm officially fed up with the cold now. Today was a touch milder but still chilly, despite the sun that shone for most of the day. Mum and I went back to Milton Keynes at lunchtime (perhaps not the best time to go!) and we planned on collecting the hamper and then maybe grabbing some lunch, but I couldn't get parked and the pick up point outside M&S was like a rugby scrum! Hugely stressful!!!

We turned tail and went back to Northampton lamenting how busy everything was and it's only the 9th! Imagine what things would be like in the week before Christmas! Huh!

I was at work until late as Sophie was working so I busied myself with lots of important things (sending out Christmas cards) and the time flew by. I wanted to get the car washed on the way home as it's now way past just dirty but it was late and I couldn't be bothered to stop at the garage and put it through the carwash. I saw one car today that was so filthy the number plate was obscured. Isn't that illegal? If I do see any clean cars they stick out like sore thumbs and look a bit weird!

2 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Hey Janie, it's cold here in Alabama (US) too.
When I went out to water the chickens this morning, the water jars were like Popsicles.

Janie said...

LOL! I like that image! It's a bit milder here today so a return to grey skies - I think I prefer it cold after all!

What's the temperature in Alabama?