Monday 6 December 2010

Freezing frosty fog!

Today has been freezing! All the trees and fields were coated in a thick layer of frost as I drove to work and again, I really wished I'd had the time to stop and take some photographs. It was beautiful. The cold clear weather gave way to a foggy afternoon and evening and the temperature dropped to -5. Brrr!

Keith had a hospital appointment today for his hip so I picked up both children and took them back to work. We didn't get around to much cleaning at all today but we did roll up one of the inflatables that has to go away for repair. We had planned on putting it in the back of Dad's Mondeo but there was no way it would fit so we've hired a van for tomorrow to take it up to Hinckley in Leicestershire and guess who's driving? Yes, me! Keith is coming with me so I just hope the weather improves a little tomorrow! I really don't want snow!

In the evening I was coerced into making some mulled wine which turned out to be delicious. I bought a sachet of spices on Saturday at Beckworth Emporium and added it to a bottle of French red and some sugar. After heating it gently I let all the wonderful flavours infuse for half an hour and then poured a glass. It was yum!

No comments: