Sunday 12 December 2010

A blur of fur!

This morning Keith and I were up early, enjoying a coffee in the quiet before the children awoke. I always go straight into the kitchen and before I've even reached for the keys to unlock the back door I can hear the cats miaowing as they can hear us moving about. Last night was a bit chilly again and they both shot through the door in a "blur of fur"! I leave the garage door open for them at night but they'd much rather be in the warm in the house than outside, I'm sure!

It's been a bit colder today but after a lovely sunny start, the sky turned to grey, lumpy clouds. We went for the papers and on the way home met our neighbour, Gill, who was out on her bike and looking a bit chilled. She told me that the "bus stop mums" meal on Friday was not very good so I was glad I didn't go. Our (other) local pub is obviously not doing a good job and the room they were in was freezing so I'm mightily glad I stayed at home curled up on the sofa with a glass of wine!

Mikey was at a Birthday party in the afternoon painting pots at a local Garden Centre. Mum and I went with him and planned on mooching about while he was creating. I had to buy some more tree lights as the ones I bought yesterday went wrong this morning when we unplugged them...oh well!

We wandered about and then made a quick trip to Boots to get Nan some perfume for her birthday tomorrow. On our return to the pot painting place Mikey was having a whale of a time with his goody bag contents which included an exploding ice-cream cornet. Less said about that the better!

OK - for Rick of Life101, photos of our trees...don't laugh at our new slimline tree. It's supposed to look like that! :)

Our silver/pink/lilac tree...



Our new skinny tree...

I can see a gap - must get it filled!

I'd love to have a real tree in the house but it's too warm, especially in the window where we have a radiator. I did put some lights on our real one by the front door to make up for the two artificial ones we have!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: