Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Day!

For the second year running we having lying snow, despite it technically not counting as a White Christmas, although it does in my book! It was also a beautiful day - lots of sunshine and sparkling frost to make everything look Christmas card pretty.

I was awake early but forced myself to go back to sleep and it was 8am when I went downstairs with Sophie to see what Father Christmas had brought us overnight. The children had a great time opening their presents and seemed delighted with everything we bought them. They will get a few more this afternoon when mum, dad and Nan come around for dinner.

After breakfast Keith and I prepared all the vegetables and I set the table, hoovered downstairs and tidied everything away. At lunchtime Keith and I popped around to mum and dad's to borrow a couple of their saucepans and then we called into the pub for a drink. It was heaving with people and we ventured into the relative quietness of the back bar to escape the crowds, although there was a great atmosphere. Poor Ian was rushing around like a mad thing but seemed to enjoy himself, nonetheless!

So now we have a short lull before things get manic here. The turkey is roasting away in the oven and smells delicious. Soon, Keith will peel the cooked bacon away from the breast and there'll be a stampede as he calls the children to the kitchen to eat it all.

I'd just like to wish everyone who reads my blog a fantastic Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2011. Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful day Jannie and Keith and I wish you and your families,Good Health and Happiness for 2011.

Wendyxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time too Jane, really enjoyed following your blog through the different seasons this year, looking forward to reading them next year as well
SWS

Janie said...

Many thanks for the lovely comments Wendy and sws...best wishes to you as well and I hope that 2011 will be a wonderful year for us all. xxx