Friday 10 September 2010

The week ends with a bang!

Today has been horrible. The day started off really well so I should have been suspicious but in the afternoon we had a large group of people descend on us at work and they caused utter and complete chaos. It would have been fine if we'd known they intended to visit so we could have put on extra staff and been prepared, but when they started to arrive (and they just kept on coming) we knew we were in for a bad few hours. The only good thing was that we were closing early for a private hire so at least we were able to contain the chaos to about three hours.

I'd been hoping to pick Sophie up from school and then slope off home but there was no way on earth I could have done that! I've realised in the last few months that this job is perhaps the worst I could do as someone who relishes peace and quiet! The screaming children, crying babies, shouting, bouncing of balls and huge mess everywhere was unbelieveable! Don't get me wrong, we welcome business, but we'd rather know about it in advance so we're not caught unawares and with just two staff apart from us to deal with it!

I eventually left at just past 5.30pm and went home. After driving Keith to the pub (!) I had a long hot bath with the bathroom door firmly closed!

Thank goodness it's the weekend!

No comments: