Saturday 25 September 2010

Update!

Just after I wrote today's blog, I found the Irish connection! The problem was the spelling of the name - the person who wrote the census details down spelt Roche, Roach which is where the confusion was! Therefore my Great Great Grandmother, although not technically Irish as she was born in Kent, had Irish parents who I think (but I'm no way 100% sure) came from Co.Cork. This will obviously be a lot harder to find out, especially as I can't find any marriage records for them. I'm not sure whether they married in Ireland and came over or whether they came over independently, met and married here. And why Dartford? I hopefully will have fun finding out!

And...oops! I'd better say a big SORRY to my Grandmother, God bless her soul...she was right!

No comments: