Saturday 11 September 2010

De-cluttering!

It wasn't my intention to have a huge de-clutter today, but it just happened! I was originally trying to find the family tree that Keith's brother had given to us and it went from there. In the process, I did find my eternity ring which I thought I'd lost, the luggage scale that we'd definitely lost and lots of other things that were dear to my heart. A lot of stuff will go to a car boot sale that I'm hoping will still be on next week - old handbags, shoes I've never worn, jewellery and a HUGE amount of books that I've just finished sorting. I have books everywhere. Double stacked on a bookshelf, in the bathroom on top of a cabinet, in my bedside tables, in a little ottoman, downstairs on bookshelves...everywhere!

I even sorted out our airing cupboard and chucked out a load of threadbare towels - why do I keep things like that? It felt really good to see empty space in the wardrobes and drawers and everything clean and tidy. We have a big chest of drawers in our bedroom and they were all full to bursting with stuff we never wear but they are all sorted now and I feel very chuffed!

By the way...we still haven't found the family tree!!!

No comments: