Tuesday 7 September 2010

"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness"

Keith and I went for a walk this evening, after I got home from work. The rain we had earlier had passed and the sky was full of towering white clouds and lots of planes flying low and probably heading for either East Midlands or Birmingham airports.

We walked down to the village and I was amazed to see how many edible fruits were growing in the hedgerows - sloes, elderberries, blackcurrants, crab apples and rosehips. I'm going to make Sloe Gin again this year and will wait another month before I go out and pick my sloes. It was definitely the perfect Autumn late afternoon/early evening and it was lovely to be out in the fresh air, walking over the fields and enjoying the gorgeous scenery.

When we arrived home we sat in the conservatory to make the most of the evening sun and enjoyed a well-earned bottle of Theakston's Old Peculiar!

No comments: