Saturday 25 September 2010

Brrr!

It's been really cold today and although we haven't put the heating on at home, it won't be long before we have to switch it on. We went out this morning to look for cars. My Passat is really past its sell by date now, having done almost 150,000 miles. Originally we were going to sell Keith's car but the sensible thing is to keep his car (also a Passat) as it's only done around 56,000 miles and things are going to start going seriously wrong with mine soon.

It's a process I really hate. We went to the VW dealership in Northampton and I immediately saw a black Passat estate that I liked the look of. On closer inspection, though, it didn't pass muster so after a quick browse (and trying to ignore Sophie's pleas for me to buy a green Beetle) we drove over to Kettering. There wasn't a great deal of choice there, either, but I did see another beautiful black Passat which aroused my interest. That was until I saw all the scratches on the boot and as it was only a year old, it obviously hadn't had one careful owner!

We had a quick chat with one of the salesmen who didn't put any pressure on at all and I asked whether it was a simple process to transfer my number plate to the new car. This is one thing I'm adamant on - my number plate will go onto the new car!

So, not a lot of luck this morning but I know it will be a long and drawn out process with much negotiation along the way. Keith will try and drive a hard bargain and I will get embarrassed and walk away! Hopefully, before long I'll have a new(er) car unless Keith wins the Lottery tonight when I'll be winging my way to the Aston Martin dealership!

No comments: