Saturday 18 September 2010

Out and about.

At the weekend I try and resist making too many plans, but I failed miserably today. I had a Chiropodist's appointment for Sophie at the ridiculously early time of 10.30am which meant we had to be up and out by 9.30am, something I will not do again! At the weekend it's a must to get up slowly, have several cups of coffee and ease myself into the day, something that doesn't happen during the week when it's up, in the shower and out.

Sophie, poor thing, has several verruccas on her feet which we just can't get rid of, so this was a last attempt to do something. The Chiropodist used liquid nitrogen at -130 degrees and laughed when I said I'd bought the Bazuka stuff. Apparently that only goes down to -20! I nearly had a heart attack when she told me the price of the treatment, though...£64 for treating just three and Sophie has a few more than that! We have to go back in two weeks when she will have another look at them and maybe tackle another three on her feet.

After the appointment it was back home, breakfast in the sunny conservatory and then back out to take Sophie to the cinema where she met Susie. On the way home we called into the village, to a new countryside centre that has just opened and was hosting a "Countryside Awareness" Day. There were some demonstrations of sheep dogs, men making wooden implements, Indian dream-catchers, sheep, pigs and calves and some gorgeous horses which I couldn't resist stroking. A few of the villagers were milling about but Keith quickly became bored and after treating Mikey to a delicious sausage in a bap, we left for home.

I resumed research on my family tree this afternoon, trying to find the Irish connection I'd been told about. I have this romantic idea that my father's side came from Ireland and were gypsies, but I have a feeling this is not true. I ordered a book from Amazon which promises to help me with researching the Family Tree so only time will tell. It would go some way to explaining my wanderlust though!

No comments: