Wednesday 8 September 2010

A day of highs and lows...

I was up very early this morning (just after 5am) as I had a headache and Keith was sending out some gentle snores. Thinking I'd take a couple of painkillers, have five minutes watching a mindless TV programme and then go back to bed, I was still sitting there at 7am, dazed by the new Daybreak programme which has replaced the old GMTV. Adrian and Christine's dazzling white smiles were too much for me so early so I made breakfast and had a shower and went in with Keith after we saw Mikey off at the bus-stop.

It was a really good thing that I didn't venture into work at the crack of dawn as I was still there at 6.30pm - Polly (who is rarely off sick) phoned in just after I arrived at work to say that she was not well (bug, I think) and just couldn't come into work. A half hour panic followed and in the end Mum and Dad had to forego their day off and come in to help. Dad manned Reception and I asked Sophie to help in the afternoon as we had a party. Keith called in on his way home from collecting a parcel from the main post office in Northampton and stayed until the bitter end when the party people just did not want to go home! I almost felt like a sheepdog shepherding them out of the door and I heaved a huge sigh of relief when I finally got into the car to go home!

Over dinner I happened to mention to Keith that I kept thinking about Berlin - every now and then a memory would flash into my mind and I wanted to go back... Luckily, Keith felt exactly the same so we had a quick look at flights and the price of the hotel we stay at in the city. The prices were amazing for the two of us so after a phonecall to mum, who agreed to look after the wee ones for two nights for us, we booked! We go on the 1st November for two nights, flying from Luton with...EasyJet!!! I know I said never again, but they seemed a better choice than my absolute nightmare, Ryanair, and the price was extremely good with not many hidden extras.

To say I can't wait to go back to my most favourite city is the understatement of the year!

No comments: