Saturday 29 May 2010

Wet and dreary!

Well, the weather forecast has certainly been right today. I awoke (again!) at 4am and got up to watch a film until I felt sleepy again. The sky at that time was overcast but when I woke up again later it was raining. After a rushed breakfast (grrr!) I took Sophie and Vicky into a soggy Northampton town and then returned home to await Sophie's call to pick them up. We had our boiler serviced today which I've been asking Keith to get sorted for ages. The last thing we want is for or boiler to go kaput!! And in fact we might turn the heating back on today, it's so chilly!

I noticed today we have a baby vine! And it looks like another is about to emerge so that's good news. It would be lovely to grow a vine to maturity and have some grapes from it! A few more would be better to enable us to have a Chateau Janie! We also have two tomato plants growing and I think I'm getting the bug for home grown fruit and veg!

No comments: