Tuesday 4 May 2010

The plant murderer strikes again!

Well, yesterday ended on the same dramatic note as it started. I'd just gone off to sleep when the phone rang at 10.45pm...we'd been broken into again. I phoned mum and dad who said they'd be fine going in, but there was no way I was going back to sleep. I went downstairs and saw the end of a Spanish film I'd started watching on Friday and they called me at 11.15pm to say there'd been damage to the games machines and an outside door.

This morning we were all in by 8am and clearing up the mess. All day I've been thinking it's Monday so it was a shock when we had customers coming in at 9.30am!

Most of the day was spent contacting the insurance company and getting someone to come out and fix the door until we can get it replaced. The burglars had peeled back the steel casing to gain entry and we watched them on CCTV as they made their way around the play area with torches.

Back at home, I planted my new periwinkle and sowed my baby vine seeds. They'll sit nice and comfortably in the conservatory until they're well grown and able to go out into the garden. If all of them grow, then I'll have a vineyard!

Keith decided to crop the top of our Eucalyptus tree but managed to snap off a whole branch by mistake...I wasn't very happy, but to be honest it lets more light into the garden and you can hardly see where the branch had been...I think this will be the last time I let him loose in the garden!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, i cant believe youve been broken into AGAIN! Cant the police do ANYTHING! What about one of those 'Dog sound' detterents?
Jigs

Janie said...

I might just get a big dog, jiggy!!!