Friday 21 May 2010

Thursday 20 May

This week has gone alarmingly fast again. I know I keep harping on about this, but it really is frightening. No sooner is Monday over than it's Friday. I'm sure all this time goes off somewhere, like a time-bank, and then it comes back when you least want it. I watched Stephen Hawking's Universe last Sunday night and I found it fascinating because it dealt with time-travel. He said that time is affected by dense matter and that the satellites which orbit the earth have a fractionally different time than us down on earth. They are ever so slightly faster. Maybe, without me knowing, I'm travellling in a satellite...

Yesterday was busy (as always) and hot. Not much happened at work (not much is happening with the lease as yet) but we did walk around and plan the improvements we want to make to make the business look a little more attractive to customers. Let's hope they will all come to fruition.

In the evening I went to see my friend Lynda who lives in Cogenhoe. I'll give a prize to anyone who can tell me how it's pronounced correctly... Another friend, Claire, was also there and we had a pleasant time eating a delicious Chinese takeaway and catching up. One thing we discussed was separate bedrooms for husbands and wives. I'm a huge fan of this as I really don't think it's natural for two human beings to sleep together every night. Luckily we have a super-king bed and if I stretch out my arm I can hardly touch Keith which suits me just fine! I'm after an Emperor bed which is supposed to be 7ft wide... Poor Claire has a double and had a bad night's sleep because she was kept awake by her husband who had a cold. "Get another bed!" I cried and after a cuddle with hubby, creep out to your own bed to sleep in peace! Brilliant!!!

No comments: