Sunday 2 May 2010

More plants!

The weather turned on us today and we awoke to grey skies and a cold wind. Last night we had thunder and lightening and extremely heavy rain but the gardens do need it so I'm not complaining.

We had to go and buy Michael some new shoes today so we went to McDonald's for breakfast (I have the porridge which is lovely) and then we drove to Brantano's in Corby which has become a bit of a tradition! Sophie chose two pairs and we had Michael's feet measured. Luckily they were still a size 6! Otherwise it would have been upstairs to the Mens' section!

We took a long meandering journey home, via Aldwincle and Thorpe Waterville and then Wellingborough to see what was happening to Keith's old place of work.

In the afternoon we drove back over towards Wellingborough and went to Podington Garden centre. I treated myself to a beautiful lizard ornament for the wall and a pretty plant holder so Keith will be busy tomorrow morning. I also bought a few bedding plants but I still think it's a bit too early for them, just in case we have a late frost. "Ne're cast a clout, til May is out" and with today's weather, they are wise words indeed!

No comments: