Sunday 9 May 2010

Chilling out!



Yesterday was a washout - cold, wet and windy and perfect for doing very little which is what we all did! It was so chilly that we put the fire on in the living room which is not the best thing to happen in May. The political arguments are still rumbling on and Gordon Brown is refusing to step down as Prime Minister despite almost 70% of people wanting him to go (Source: Mail on Sunday!).

Today has been much better weather and most of the day has been spent pottering about and putting in new bedding plants that I bought in B&Q Kettering. They were amazing value and I almost ran out of pots and tubs to put them in! The garden has really sprung to life now and the long wait's been worth it to see everything flowering and coming to life.



 On the way back from B&Q I stopped at mum's for a coffee and we sat in the conservatory and had a good chat. We were joined by Jake who loved all the attention I was giving him. I really must try and get a photo of him to post on here.

Back home I pottered some more and sat on the lurrvvve seat to survey my hard work. It's amazing how the garden survives after the long hard winter we had. I know we lost a few plants, but the majority of them are all flourishing now and I love sitting out there and just having a few minutes of peace and quiet!


No comments: