Friday 22 March 2024

Shock news...

I had another pleasant shift at work, doing the cash-ups as Sheila is away, and putting on another load of films, which takes us into May.

At 4pm I drove into town through heavy traffic to collect the duvet. The launderette was closed. I was not happy! I'd wasted time and petrol driving into the middle of town for nothing!

Sophie was home before me tonight, as she finished at 4pm. She was going out with Vikesh this evening and going for a meal with him and his cousins in Wellingborough. I'd expected her to be going out early, but she wanted me to drive her over at 6.30pm, so we had a few words... I was looking forward to a couple of hours by myself, with a glass of wine and something good on television, so she made sure she was ready a little earlier!

While she was upstairs getting ready, and Keith had gone to the pub with John, I watched the news and was shocked to hear the news about the Princess of Wales' cancer diagnosis. I wonder how all those vile people who were going on about conspiracy theories feel now? But knowing how nasty they are, they're probably unrepentant. Let's just hope everyone now leaves them alone to get on with the treatment she needs.
 
I drove Sophie over to Wellingborough, and it was a beautiful evening. It was cold, though, with a chilly wind blowing so I put the heating on when I came home! I only had about fifteen minutes to relax with a glass of wine before I started preparing the dinner (which was an easy one tonight!).

Keith and I had a quiet night and I missed my wine buddy. However, it wasn't a proper Friday night as I'm working a shift tomorrow to cover for Tracie who is on holiday. Tomorrow night, Sophie has offered to make cocktails!


No comments: