Wednesday 27 March 2024

A day of pottering

Today has been spent pottering about the house and doing some unexciting jobs! It's been a day of sunshine and showers, and tomorrow is supposed to be stormy with a lot of rain and high winds. 

Keith had a haircut at 10am, and I made bacon sandwiches when he returned. I also had a great time cleaning the top oven and the detergent drawer of the washing machine... who knew that being an adult would be so much fun!

I was planning to take my Mum over to Tesco again this afternoon, but she said she didn't realise what day it was, so we postponed until tomorrow. I made use of the extra time by cleaning the garage door - it was covered in muddy pawprints - and the surround which needs a lick of paint. Maybe when this rain stops and we have sunshine! I'm so glad I managed to cut the grass last Sunday!

Keith decided to go shopping this afternoon, which will free up his day tomorrow. We have a sparse weekend for meals coming up as Sophie is going away with Vikesh on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and Keith and I plan to visit The Malt Shovel on Saturday and have lunch there. It's always fish on Good Friday (I can't believe it's Easter this weekend!) so doing the list was easy this week! I hate trying to think up what we're having for dinner every night, but it helps Keith when he shops!

I also spent a little time planning Sophie's birthday and ordered her a card from Moonpig, as I always do. I looked at going to France for the day on the Saturday after her birthday, but the ferry and train prices were sky-high, probably because it's the Easter holidays. I didn't plan her birth very well, did I! Her birthday normally falls at Easter, in the holidays! I looked at the Hotel Atlantique in Wimeruex for lunch, but the restaurant are charging 95 euros per person... gulp! Maybe we'll look at something later in the month!

When Sophie returned from work, the house was looking lovely and cosy and the cats were both in, which is always good. Gomez has spent one night out now, but we leave the conservatory open for him if he refuses to come in!

No comments: