Tuesday 5 March 2024

Gomey gone AWOL...

I had another pleasant shift at work, even though traditionally, Tuesdays are my least favourite day at work. It always seems to be noisy in the office!

When I arrived home, a guidebook on Lisbon had arrived so I spent an enjoyable half-hour flicking through and learning a little about the city. I checked the weather forecast and it looks sunny and much warmer than here! There are a couple of interesting art galleries and museums and plenty of things to see! I love exploring somewhere new!

This evening, Gomez was out far later than he'd been before and by 9.30pm, we were getting worried. For some unknown reason, we are treating these cats differently to Monty, who would come and go whenever he pleased. I was standing at the living room window when I saw Gomez run by and up the driveway so I called to Keith and Sophie who were standing at the back door, but the little devil wouldn't come in! He loves his freedom and I can only see it getting worse as the days lengthen and it becomes warmer. I think we're hardly going to see him!

Sophie became upset that he wouldn't come in but there was nothing else we could do. Thankfully, after another half hour, he ran in and started to eat his biscuit, so there was relief all around!


No comments: