Tuesday 26 March 2024

Feeling the heat!

After a mainly uneventful shift at work, I was looking forward to a day off! I dashed home at 4pm and pootled about until Sophie returned. Dinner tonight was one of the family favourites - jerk chicken pasta, and I'd asked Keith to marinate the chicken breasts for me this morning. I told him not to use too much paste as I could adjust the heat later!

Keith was going to see Slieby play (hence our choice of dinner) so he bundled himself up against the chilly evening air while we prepared dinner. He likes to watch us cook as I'm sure he thinks we're going to have a catastrophe but, although it gets a little frantic towards the end of the cooking time when it all comes together, it all went smoothly!

We drank a bottle of French wine with the meal, but it was spicy! I'd finished up the paste jar when I made the sauce so I knew there'd be heat! It wasn't quite as fiery as last week's Thai meal, but it was delicious!

After we'd eaten, we chose to watch a Netflix documentary about the Boston Marathon terrorist attack and we both found it riveting. The footage was awful to watch and the aftermath was unbelievable!

Keith came home as chilled as always and sat down to a plate of oven chips I'd prepared for him. It seems ages since he's done this!

No comments: