Sunday 31 March 2024

A day of the dismals...

I wish I could say I enjoyed the last day of March, but sadly, I can't. The weather, so gorgeous and Spring-like yesterday, was dull and horrible today. We had heavy grey skies and a chilly wind, which was depressing. I'm sure I would have felt differently if the sun had been shining!

I did housework in the morning and mooched about in the early afternoon, visiting my parents later for a chat. My Dad barely said a word, but lit up like a Christmas tree when one of the regular carers came in to say hello. Enough said!

Keith and I were supposed to have had a beef casserole for dinner, but neither of us felt like it, so we had tinned soup instead... really, we should have gone out for an Easter Sunday lunch this afternoon rather than venture out yesterday, so that put the topping on a dismal day!

I poured myself a glass of wine and watched Jimmy Doherty's cooking programme in Florida, which did cheer me up, though!


No comments: