Monday 4 March 2024

A little planning

So, back to Monday again... the weeks roll around so quickly! I had a pleasant shift at work and asked for next Friday off as holiday. Sara was more than happy, so we can book something this evening. How exciting! I was kept busy with emails for the whole of my shift but I also managed to start the moan report. Even starting something and doing a little bit helps! 

When Sophie arrived home in the evening, we looked at a break travelling with British Airways. We both liked the idea of Lisbon, so we looked at flights from Heathrow and hotels, and booked our break, travelling from Wednesday to Sunday. We're both back in on the Monday and off again on Tuesday to go and see John Mayer at the O2 in London. This month is turning out to be a busy one!

We looked at our hotel on Google Street View, and it looked lovely. Lisbon is built on seven hills and has trams, so it's a bit like San Francisco! I've never been to Portugal, but my parents took Sophie when she was little, although she has no memories of going at all.

After dinner, we watched Travel Man in Lisbon and then we watched the Istanbul episode so Sophie could reminisce! 


No comments: