Thursday 7 March 2024

Reminiscing

After a busy shift at work, I sped home, changed and went to see Mum and Dad for an hour. My Mum felt better, thank goodness, and they were both looking at photographs when I arrived. We had a good look through the albums and I saw some of when Keith and I were much younger! Mum and Dad enjoyed fantastic holidays throughout their lives and it's always lovely to look back at old photographs and reminisce!

Over the hour I was there, three carers popped in to see them, so they're never short of company and they're always treated with affection. I arranged to see Mum again on Sunday when it's Mother's Day, and I'll bring her home so she can see the cats and have tea and cake.

Back home, I prepared tonight's dinner of spaghetti Bolognese and added an onion, a pepper, carrots and parsnips to the sauce. With the mince added, I let it simmer for an hour and a half while we relaxed with a drink and an episode of Come Dine With Me. Bliss!

No comments: