Monday 25 March 2024

All by myself

I was blissfully alone for an hour this morning at work, as both Sheila and Sara were on holiday. At 10am, when the phone lines opened, it all went a bit mad as people were ringing in to book their children onto the swim camps that start on the 2nd of April. I helped out, but when it calmed down I came off. The rest of the day was busy so the time flew by. I now only have a day and a half to work this week! 

At 4pm, I sped home and indulged in an episode of a new drama called Love Rat. I thought the first episode was excellent but then it all went a bit silly. I am fascinated by how people can part with their hard-earned money just because they "fall in love". In the drama, the woman was swept off her feet by a man she had actually met, but you hear so many sad stories of people losing their life savings because they are won over by someone they've never met! Money should never come into a love affair when it's only just started! I find it sad that so many people are lonely or desperate for love and will do anything.

I watched another episode before dinner and it became even sillier, but I will stick with it! There's only four episodes, thank goodness!

No comments: