Saturday 23 March 2024

An extra shift

Sophie dropped me off at work this morning and I had a very pleasant shift with Sue. The time flew by, and I managed to get a lot of things done, much to my delight. It wasn't busy at all and the phone calls we answered were mainly easy queries.

Sophie had been to the gym and had collected the lovely, clean duvet on her way home. Keith picked me up at 2pm as Sophie was out seeing Vikesh again and having lunch with him. Keith drove me home and then disappeared to see Sileby play, so I had the afternoon to myself. Bliss! I watched a good film - Hotel du Lac which was originally a novel by Anita Brookner (I'd read it years ago) and starred some British greats such as Anna Massey, Denholm Elliott, Patricia Hodge (so beautiful) and Julia McKenzie.

In the evening, after Sophie returned home, we talked about her birthday. I offered to drive to London and park in the O2 again but Sophie said she wanted us to enjoy cocktails in the Booking Office of the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel after having lunch at Decimo, so we agreed to postpone the day until she goes down to see Dr Bawa again, probably in May. For her birthday, we talked about going to Oxford and having lunch there after visiting the Ashmolean. It's such a shame that the trains are on strike yet again!

We had a very enjoyable and relaxing evening watching Gone Fishing with Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse (guaranteed to lower your blood pressure) and enjoying a Chinese takeaway. The cats were in early this evening and Gomez was extra loving, almost as if he was saying sorry for weeing in the spare bed!

No comments: