Saturday 4 November 2023

Return of the Soph!

I woke up too late for my liking this morning, and felt like I'd wasted half the day! I had resisted getting up at about 6am when I first opened my eyes!

After a cup of coffee, I cleaned the house from top to bottom and changed Sophie's bedding so it was lovely and fresh for when she came home this evening. Outside, the weather was wet and windy, so not ideal if anyone was heading out to bonfires and fireworks later!

Keith drove over to Irchester in the afternoon to watch his team play football, and I mooched about, very glad when Sophie told me she was at the airport and ready for their flight home.

Keith returned from the game and we played cards in the kitchen before dinner. Outside, there were a lot of bangs and crackles so someone close by was enjoying the fireworks. The cats did not enjoy the noise at all, and Mooney hid behind the sofa looking very anxious. Gomez didn't seem to mind so much!

Dinner tonight was a hearty beef casserole with dumplings and lots of vegetables. Our meals over the past week have not been very memorable so we made up for it tonight!

We then played the waiting game for Sophie's arrival home, and I realised we should have saved Retribution for tonight! Why is there so much rubbish on television on a Saturday night? Vikesh dropped her off at 10.30pm, and she was glad to be home! She had a terrible cold and a nasty bite on her hand and was looking forward to her bed, bless her! 

She had brought us some beautiful presents back from Istanbul - a tee shirt for Keith, a lovely mug and a cat tile for me, as well as a bar of milk soap, two gorgeous bowls as a house present and a pink Turkish "eye" tile to hang up in the kitchen. She had also bought some little eye fobs for our keyrings:



Lovely!


No comments: