Thursday 16 November 2023

Parcelgate

It was lovely facing a shorter shift today and at first, I thought I'd have to answer phone calls as Vicki couldn't work. Her little boy had been sick during the night, but Denise stepped in to help, which was a relief!

I answered all the customer service emails and popped into the post office on the way home to send my DNA sample off to the USA! It had arrived yesterday, and I'd had to give two samples from inside each cheek. It cost almost £10 to send it, but it will be tracked all the way.

It was lovely to get home and relax. I'd joked about watching a Christmas film on Channel 5 but in the end, Keith and I watched the last half hour of Shetland, and then I caught up with some housework. I always fantasise about sitting and watching television when it's cold and horrible outside, and one day I'll do it!

Tonight, after dinner, I put a message on our residents' Facebook page to ask our new neighbour to collect two parcels that had been languishing in our hallway for ten days... I'd sent her a private message but that had been ignored, and we were all fed up with the stuff still awaiting collection. Who orders items (from M&S as well) and then doesn't bother to collect them? Was she waiting for us to take them around for her? She'd be waiting a long time! We've told the postman that we won't take any more parcels as this is not the first time we've been good enough to take post in and they have either not bothered to come around or taken ages!

The post had the desired effect because an hour later she had sent me a private message to say she'd collect them tomorrow... let's see!

No comments: