Tuesday 28 November 2023

Getting colder

It was back to the gym and work for Sophie this morning, and I saw her off at about 6am. The weather had changed overnight and was much colder and drier this morning. We're set to see some cold weather this week, but it is winter on Friday!

Keith, reluctantly, went shopping this morning later than he wanted as we couldn't be bothered to come up with a list last night. While he was gone, I caught up with my blog, which took a fair amount of time to write! I sometimes wonder how many hours I've devoted over the years to writing this blog... I know it's the equivalent of writing a novel every year as it averages out at about 100,000 words. Most of it waffle, you could say!

The weather has been beautiful today with clear blue skies and sunshine, but it was cold! It was great to potter about and catch up with long overdue jobs, and when Sophie returned home from work, the house was looking lovely and it was cosy and warm. The new candlesticks looked gorgeous on either side of the fireplace, and I'm looking forward to putting up the Christmas decorations with Sophie at the weekend.

Keith went to see Sileby play this evening and wore three coats! He looked so bundled up as he left that I wondered whether he'd be able to drive the car! Sophie and I cooked the leftover bolognese sauce I'd made last week, and added more vegetables, pasta and garlic bread. I wasn't really in the mood for the meal this evening so there was enough left for Sophie's lunches until the end of the week.

We indulged in a few episodes of Help! We Bought A Village and Keith returned at 10pm looking as frozen as he always does after a match!

No comments: