Sunday 26 November 2023

Lazy Sunday

I had a much quieter Sunday, but Sophie was going back down to London with Vikesh to celebrate the anniversary of their first date a year ago! How the time has flown by!

Keith and I gave her a lift to Vikesh's house and returned home to have breakfast. The weather has been totally different today, with heavy clouds and an all-pervading greyness. I wanted to concentrate on my family tree research so I spent most of the day doing that, in between sorting out the laundry and doing some housework.

I tracked my DNA sample and was pleased to see it had arrived in Missouri! Hopefully, it won't be too long before I discover just what kind of mongrel I am! I had a month's free trial of the My Heritage website so I made use of it today and added another couple of distant relatives to my tree. Things don't get any easier though, and trying to discover more about one branch of the family just ended in frustration. I don't trust some of the information on other trees and would far rather make sure it's correct with my own research!

I did indulge in a hot bath in the afternoon, watched by Gomez and Mooney, who must have wondered what I was doing! They wouldn't come anywhere near the bathroom, though, and kept a safe distance! Sophie texted me while I was languishing in the suds to say they were having a great time, but were heading home at about 4pm. 

Vikesh brought Sophie home and stayed for a couple of hours. It was lovely and cosy in the living room, and I'd lit all the candles and put the heating on. Sophie and I sipped a whisky and ginger, and I looked forward to my dinner of toad-in-the-hole, which Keith was making in the kitchen. Sophie and Vikesh were stuffed to the gunnels after their lunch at a restaurant in Leicester Square, which looked huge!

Before...

After!

She said to me she didn't think she'd ever eat again!

No comments: