Thursday 23 November 2023

An early finish

I like Thursdays as I finish at 2pm and (most times) I can go home, potter about and relax. Work was fine and there was a fair amount of emails for me to deal with, which was good news. Sheila had been busy with her own work and hadn't had time to deal with any of them. I'm just hoping to get some more films to put on by the end of the week as I am off from next Monday myself.

At 2pm I sped home, and Keith and I caught up with an episode of Shetland. The Shetland Islands and the Orkneys are places I've never had the chance to visit, and one day I'd love to go and take the car. The television series makes the place look bleak but beautiful. Maybe one year, we'll explore all of the UK's offshore islands!

I'd recorded a Christmas film this morning, but it was as cheesy as you can get, so I decided to watch it a bit later. It seems incredible that this time next week will be the last day of November, a month that has sped by with unbelievable speed! Sophie's holiday to Istanbul at the beginning of the month seems a distant memory!

Keith and I played cards in the kitchen with a drink this evening, while Sophie cooked beef in a black bean sauce served with lots of vegetables and rice. I enjoyed a whisky and Fevertree Coca-Cola, which was delicious. For some reason, the drink always reminds me of Christmas!

No comments: