Monday 13 November 2023

Back to work

Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning, which I felt was very sensible of her! I had to get myself up, but she was awake at about 6.45am and came down to see the cats.

Jo was on holiday today, so I was back answering the phone, as well as trying to do the cash-ups for Sheila, who was also on annual leave. I tried to do as much as I could before the phone lines opened at 10am, but there was no way I could do both! The cash-ups are far too complicated!

Luckily, today was quiet and by the afternoon I was able to help Sara with the emails. Her cough is no better, and she had quite a frightening coughing fit which prompted all of us to tell her to go to the doctor and get it sorted out!

Sophie arrived home from work this evening and said her first day back since last Tuesday was fine, and she hadn't needed to use her inhaler at all. She had to find baby photos, as tomorrow there's a baby shower at work and they need to take photos in so people can guess who the baby is! We found a lovely picture of the three of us when Sophie was 9 weeks old, so she snapped a photo of it on her phone and will print it out tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was easy beefburgers in brioche buns, oven chips, onion rings and peas. Sometimes the simplest meals are the best! Keith and I watched the last episode of Rise of the Nazis: Manhunt on BBC iPlayer after dinner and learnt that 99% of those responsible for killing Jews in the Second World War have never been brought to justice. It was a great series and very thought-provoking.

It was an early night tonight as Sophie is determined to get back to the gym tomorrow. Up at 6am then!

No comments: