Friday 17 November 2023

All by myself...

Kathy didn't work today, and as Shirley was also off, I was left to answer calls virtually by myself. I was glad we weren't busy! I also managed to answer all the emails between calls and do some orders. I thought first thing this morning that it would be a bad day, but it wasn't, thank goodness!

When Sophie returned from work, Keith handed out some unexpected but very welcome treats! He bought a bottle of our favourite Aldi Champagne (according to Which? it's better than Veuve Cliquot!), a box of biscuits because Sophie mentioned yesterday that she was craving some, and Paprika Pringles! He then also produced a Whisky Advent Calendar for me! I was speechless! That will certainly brighten up my December days!

The male half of the couple next door came around to collect the parcels at about 6pm, and was very apologetic. I knew she wouldn't show her face! He spun us some story about the postman not giving the number of the house, which was a lie as I'd used the number on the parcels to track them and it clearly showed our house number and a photograph of Keith receiving them! No more will we accept!

Keith went to the pub to see John and Sophie and I opened a bottle of wine and watched an interesting Netflix documentary about the Twin Flames Universe cult in the US. It made for riveting viewing!

No comments: