Tuesday 21 November 2023

A staff do

I had another day of dealing with emails and orders, and the day flew by. However, when we all left at 4pm, rather than say we'd see each other later (or tomorrow) we said, "See you tonight!" as we were meeting up at Tracie's pub in Wellingborough for a drink and something to eat.

Sophie finished work early this evening and she had very kindly offered to give me a lift, before having a meal with Vikesh. I had a bath and we left at about 6.30pm. I have to confess to not really wanting to go out again, but it had worked out well with Sophie seeing Vikesh, so no excuses tonight! I'd managed to get out of the last two evening get-togethers!

We went to collect Vikesh and popped in to wish his Mum a happy birthday and to have a chat. It was only about ten minutes from Vikesh's house to the pub and as I got out of the car, Sheila and her husband walked past, which was great timing! I waved Sophie and Vikesh off and we walked the short distance to Tracie's sweet little pub.

Gradually everyone arrived and I sat with Angela and Jo, who I'd worked with today. Sheila, Sara and Nicola had bought the food, which had been ordered from a local chippy. I treated myself to a half pint of stout which was creamy and nutty. It was lovely to sit and relax and have a good laugh and also to catch up with a couple of the girls who used to work in the membership department.

Sheila's and Tracie's husbands went to collect the food, and we all tucked in. It was OK, but I enjoyed Sheila's fruit cake served after the food more! By 9pm, Sophie and Vikesh had come to collect me so we returned to his house, said goodbye and headed home.

Keith and I watched a music channel before we went to bed, and listened to The Moody Blues and Nights in White Satin, which I love. I looked up Justin Hayward on Wikipedia and discovered he's the same age as Keith and still performing! Then we turned over and listened to The Police singing Message in a Bottle. I told Keith I used to have a crush on Sting, who I then found out was 72! 72!!!! I would have said he was in his early 60s!

No comments: