Saturday 18 November 2023

A clear out!

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning and after a coffee and something to eat, Keith and I decided to clear out some of the rubbish in the garage. We'd planned to do this when I'm off in a week's time, but I thought that making a start today would help!

While we were out in the garage, Sophie cleaned the house and wrapped all the china that we'd left in the conservatory. Outside, it was very damp (we must have had a lot of rain overnight) but mild for the time of year. We pulled my car up onto the drive and gradually started filling the boot with rubbish. I'd brought several suitcases home from Mum and Dad's rooms so they went up onto the eaves, and Keith took down our two Christmas trees... it won't be long before they'll be put up and decorated! It'll be interesting to see what the kitts think of them! We still have a load of books and DVDs but hopefully, Keith and I can take them to the Oxfam shop in Market Harborough when I'm on holiday.

Once the boot was full, we drove to the recycling centre in Brixworth and carefully sorted all the rubbish. I was pleased when one of the men working there said a few items could go to re-use! Back home, I hoovered the floor of the garage before going in for lunch with Sophie. She'd cooked some chilli in the oven, and we enjoyed it with nachos, grated cheese and sour cream. It was delicious!

We put the boxes of china into the garage (that we'd just emptied!) and I'll try and do something with the stuff we don't want when I'm off. One box of ornaments will be going to Mum and Dad's tomorrow as they've cleared some space on their shelving unit.

With Sophie's ministrations, the house looked lovely and was warm and cosy.  We all showered and Vikesh came over at about 4.30pm. Sophie had lit the tealights in our hanging heart decorations in the conservatory, and it looked beautiful.

Sophie, Vikesh and I played two games of Scrabble (I won one, Vikesh won one, Sophie was not happy!) while Keith watched football. We ordered a Chinese takeaway for dinner and sat in the conservatory to eat. Luckily it was warm! After we'd eaten we searched for a film to watch but no one was able to agree on anything! Vikesh had brought over "Falooda", which is a lovely, creamy liquid dessert containing vermicelli and basil seeds. It was delicious and unlike anything I've ever tried before! It has its origins in Persia and we'll definitely be trying it again! Mooney absolutely loved it and cleaned up all of our glasses, but Gomez wasn't so keen!

No comments: