Tuesday 7 November 2023

Irate calls Pt 2

I spoke to the angry man from yesterday at work first thing, and he was fine with me, but I get the feeling if someone doesn't call and speak to him today, we are going to get a lot more irate calls! 

It all went quiet until lunchtime and then the calls started again, this time with different people calling. I took another call from one of the family who'd done the work and again, he was fine with me. Unfortunately, as our shift drew to a close and nobody had got in touch to discuss the payment, the calls started to be abusive and unacceptable. I looked on in horror at the words used on the calls and felt so sorry for Jo and Angela who had to take them. In the end, about ten minutes before the shift ended, we had to turn off the phones. It left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Two of the managers had been in the office all day and were writing reports, but really I think one of our directors or senior managers should have contacted the men who'd done the work and just spoken to them, even if they said that the matter was being sorted. I just hoped that the girls wouldn't have to face the same thing tomorrow.

Keith was out this evening watching Sileby so Sophie and I enjoyed a Tesco Finest dinner with a drink. I fancied something a bit stronger than wine tonight so indulged in a whisky and ginger ale. We watched some more of a Netflix documentary about a couple who were killed by their daughter's boyfriend... or did she do it? Or both of them? It was very interesting and intriguing!

No comments: