Monday 31 October 2022

A wet Halloween.

I really didn't want to get up this morning and face another working week, but needs must! Work was surprisingly better than I had expected and after a manic first half hour, the phones calmed down.

At 4pm, I drove home and quizzed Keith about my car. It had developed another ominous droning noise from the left-hand side last week and we thought it was a wheel bearing again. He had taken it to the garage this morning and had booked it in for Wednesday. I can't believe there's something else wrong with it!

For the first time in a while, we didn't do anything for Halloween this evening. It was pouring with rain and although we had one group knock on the door, we didn't have anything to give them so we had to ignore it! We drew the curtains against the terrible weather and gathered in the kitchen to chat and prepare dinner, a beefy pasta bake. Sophie feels like she's coming down with Keith's cough and cold which show no signs of getting better... I hope it doesn't get me as well!

After we'd eaten, we watched Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, which was suitably scary for Halloween! 

No comments: