Friday 14 October 2022

We are quizzed!

My work colleague, Kathy, called in sick today so I worked with Denise even though she was at home! Very strange! I'm glad it wasn't busy so I could get some work done between calls, including the October half-term crash courses that hadn't been input into the system and were bookable from Sunday... Sheila had put them onto the spreadsheet and thought she'd put them on properly, so it was a good job I'd checked!

At 4pm I called into a local shop to take back some shoes I'd ordered before the holiday and didn't want. They were supposed to have been returned on Tuesday via a courier, but he hadn't turned up with no explanation at all, so I was most annoyed! I know I left it a bit late to order them two days before the holiday, but they hadn't been delivered until Friday even though I'd booked a next-day delivery. This is the delivery firm Evri, which seems to have gone downhill badly lately.

At home, I had a lovely wallow in the bath as Sophie and I were out later for a quiz night at the village hall. We'd decided to have fish and chips so went and found the van in Walgrave. We put Keith's portion in the oven to keep warm, ate ours and left at about 7.15pm so we could get parked.

We needn't have worried and there were loads of spaces. We were in a team with Lynn, Neil and Lynn's granddaughter, Elise so just five of us again. The quiz was very good, and we did quite well on some sections of the questions but fell down badly on the music round. We came fifth out of ten teams with 87 points so we didn't do badly!

Back home we relaxed and chatted to Keith for half an hour, and then it was time for bed. We're off to Southampton to see Mike and Abbie tomorrow!

No comments: